Since the Launch of Android Wear OS for Wearables, Android Wear 2.0 is the biggest update. it includes the features like Handwriting recognition and inbox style replies, Automatic activity tracking to enhance the Fitness related date and most importantly the Standalone App support. Moreover, the full list of features which are included in the Android Wear 2.0 are listed below.
- Standalone apps
- New system UI
- Material design for wearables
- Complications API
- Input methods
- New Messaging Style notification
- Google Fit platform
- Support for Android N
- Best Watch Faces for Android wear
- Best Android Wear Smartwatches of 2016
- Google Offerings New ‘Snap-And-Go’ Watchbands For Android Wear
Now coming to that which Android Wear Watch will get the latest Android Wear 2.0 update. There are many which are even confirmed by their manufacturers. We have made a list for you i.e. which Smartwatch will get the Android Wear 2.0 update.
- Moto 360: Unconfirmed and according to our sources Moto 360 1st Gen is unlikely to get the update.
- Moto 360 2nd Gen: Likely, as seen on the Android Developer page
- Moto 360 Sport: Unconfirmed
- Huawei Watch: Yes it will get the update as Android Wear 2.0 Developer preview is available for this watch.
- LG G Watch Square: NO, It will not get the Update as confirmed by the LG USA on Twitter
- LG G Watch R Round: Yes it will get the update, as update is confirmed by several LG microsites: UK– Screenshot
- LG G Watch Urbane Round: Yes, confirmed by SpanishLG microsite
- LG G Watch Urbane 2gen LTE: Yes it will get the update as Developer preview available for this device.
- ASUS ZenWatch: Unclear, but unlikely
- ASUS ZenWatch 2: Likely
- Tag Heuer Connected: YES, it will get the update as the update was confirmed in a tweet.
As time is passing more information is coming related to the devices getting Android Wear 2.0 update. Stay Tuned with us.